Thursday, October 18, 2007

Brian P's Week 5 Vocab

Gravitas

  1. Seriousness in manner or speech.
  2. Noun
  3. Synonyms- Collective, Calm, Sobriety
  4. My Mother scolded me with great gravitis.

Alacrity

  1. Cheerful promptness, and willingness.
  2. Noun
  3. Synonyms- Avidity, Eagerness, Zeal
  4. I always treat my Grandma with alacrity if she needs help

Recalcitrant

  1. Not abiding by authority.
  2. Adjective
  3. Synonyms- Unruly, Disobedient, Stubborn
  4. Don't recalcitrant when you are by a police officer.


Propensity

  1. Usually doing something without thought.
  2. Noun
  3. Synonyms- Aptness, Disposition, Proneness
  4. I can't believe you had the propensity to do that.

Fallacious

  1. Not logically correct.
  2. Adjective
  3. Synonyms- Erroneous, Phony, Spurious
  4. two plus two equals 5 is a fallacious statement.com.

1 comment:

Julie Schellenberg said...

Brian, Your sentence for propensity does not fit. Propensity meeans that you have a natural inclination or tendency toward something. (-1)
24/30 until I see Pictures.