Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Katie Ray's Vocab

Katie Ray
Mrs. Schellenberg
WFTRW-2nd Hour
16 October 2007

GRAVITAS
1. A seriousness of a substance or subject.
2. Noun
3.






4. Serious, meaningful, cold sober
5. My chem. Comm. Class lack the gravitas the normal chemistry class has.

ALACRITY
1. A cheerful readiness, to do something.
2. Noun
3.









4. Eagerness, fervor, zeal
5. Once I told my friends about the surprise birthday party they all seemed to rsvp with alacrity.

RECALCITRANT
1. Not obeying an order, resisting control, or just plain being stubborn.
2. Adjective
3.















4. Resistant, rebellious, unruly
5. If you do not obey the orders a cop gives you then you will get another ticket for being recalcitrant.

PROPENSITY
1. A natural inclination or tendency to do something.
2. Noun
3. Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday




4. Disposition, penchant, leaning
5. My friends and i have a propensity to do the same thing every weekend.

FALLACIOUS
1. Tendency to mislead, intending to deceive.
2. Adjective
3.
4. Deceitful, mistaken, unsound
5. I am never right so when I fight with someone I have a tendency to be fallacious.

1 comment:

Julie Schellenberg said...

Good job, Katie,
You need to indicate whether the related words are synonyms, antonyms, or etymology. (-5)
25/30