Thursday, October 18, 2007

Marissa's Vocab

Gravitas
Seriousness in the way you speak.
Noun
I could hear the grativas in my moms voice, and thats when i knew it was time to listen.
strict, stern, harsh

Alacrity
Willing and excited to do something.
Noun
The girl responded to me with such alacrity when i told him to take out the trash, that i thought he might be going crazy.
willing, ready, excited


Recalcitrant
Refusing to do what one is told.
Adjective
The recalcitrant dog only listened to his owner half the time.
Resistant, trained (ant.), rebelious


Propensity
A pattern behavior
Noun
When it comes to friving, i have a propensty to go too fast.
Habit, pattern, tendancy


Fallacious
Trying to mislead or deceive.
Adjective
The fallacious lies didnt throw me off, I knew she was up to something.
Mislead, trick, decieve

1 comment:

Julie Schellenberg said...

Marissa,
You need to capitalize your "I"s!
Proofread! ...Your friving??) (-6)
19/30 until I see pictures.