Monday, November 26, 2007

Alexa Cole

Soporific
Def- causing sleep
POS- adjective
RW- dull, boring, somnolent
Sentence- The soporific professor made me fall asleep in class because of his monotone voice.
Pic-


Prevaricate
Def- deviate from the truth
POS- intransitive verb
RW- lie, equivocate, obscure
Sentence- In order so I would not get into trouble I had to prevaricate my story.
Pic-



Reprehensible
Def- voice disapproval
POS- adjective
RW- culpable, blameworthy, objectionable
Sentence- The reprehensible teen was finally caught for steeling.
Pic-

Penitent
Def- expressing pain for sins or offences
POS- adjective
RW- guilty, contrite, sorry
Sentence- My penitent brother told my parents that is was him who had broken the vase.
Pic-

Rapacious
Def- excessivly grasping or covtous
POS- adjective
RW- voracious, greedy, predatory
Sentence- I ate the whole pizza by myself because of my rapacious apitite.
Pic-

1 comment:

Julie Schellenberg said...

Alexa:
You need to identify your related words! (-5)
Your sentence for "penitent" needs to change the objective "him" to the subjective "he."
25/30