Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Alexa's Vocab

Providentially
Description- marked by foresight
POS- adjective
RW- lucky, fortunate, prosperous
Sentence- Providentially I did not spill my coffee when I slipped on the ice.

Perdition
Description- place of punishment
POS- Noun
RW- timeout, loss, condemned
Sentence- After the tornado touched down the whole town was in perdition.

Sardonic
Description- skeptically humorous
POS- adjective
RW- Sarcastic, mocking, satiric
Sentence- The sardonic comment that my cousin made about my hair cut hurt my feelings.

Sarcastic
Description- mocking tone
POS- adjective
RW- sardonic, ironic, satiric,
Sentence- My sarastic comment about wanting to do the dishes got me into trouble.

Solipsistic
Description-self exists in ones feelings
POS- adjective
RW- self centered, absorbed, selfish
Sentence- The solipsistic child did not care if he hurt the other kids feelings.