Thursday, December 13, 2007

Courtney R's vocab

Goad:
  • Description- To urge or prod.
  • POS- Verb
  • Related Words- prick(s), motivate(s), hold back(a)
  • Sentence- My friend goaded me to present my project first.
Capricious:
  • Description- Doing something unpredictably.
  • POS- Adjective
  • Related Words- whimsical(s), careless(s), constant(a)
  • Sentence- My capricious friend came home from the mall with blue hair.
Obviate:
  • Description- To act accordingly to what you anticipate.
  • POS- Verb
  • Related Words- interfere(s), anticipate(s), embrace(a)
  • Sentence- My stragety in the game was to obliviate my opponent.
Malady:
  • Description- A disease.
  • POS- Noun
  • Related Words- disorder(s), syndrome(s), health(a)
  • Sentence- My malady kept me from going to school.
Felicity:
  • Description- The state of being happy.
  • POS- Noun
  • Related Words- delight(s), jubilation(s), misery(a)
  • Sentence- My felicity for Christmas spread to others.

1 comment:

Julie Schellenberg said...

Courtney
Your sentence for "obviate" uses the word "obliviate"---the two have quite different meanings!(-1)
24/30 Until I see pix.