Thursday, December 13, 2007

Lisa L. Zimmerman's Vocab

1. Goad

Definition- to provoke, tease
POS- verb
Synonyms- drive, prod, sting
Sentence- I love to goad my little sister when my parents aren’t looking.
2. Capricious

Definition- destined to change
POS- adjective
Synonyms- variable, impulsive, unpredictable
Sentence- I love the capricious manner of my life!
3. Obviate

Definition- to avoid with prevention
POS- transitive verb
Synonyms- hinder, preclude, prevent
Sentence- She obviated an injury by wearing full face mask while mixing chemicals.
4. Malady

Definition- a disease or bad condition
POS- noun
Synonyms- difficulty, trouble, ill
Sentence- My good friend has a malady that we need fixed immediately.
5. Felicity

Definition- great happiness
POS- noun
Synonyms- pleasing, satisfying, pleasant
Sentence- It is always important to have felicity especially during Christmas.

1 comment:

Julie Schellenberg said...

25/30 until I see pictures