Thursday, December 13, 2007

Evan's Vocab

1. Goad
P.O.S- Verb
Definition- To drive or direct someone or something else.
Related Words- urge, prod, force ( synonyms)
Sentence- In order to goad the cattle out of the gate, the cowboy had to use force.

2. Capricious
P.O.S.- adjective
Definition- erratic or unpredictable
Related Words- variable, flighty, mercurial ( synonyms)
Sentence- My capricious boss was very hard to read and always surprised me with different tasks.

3. Obviate
P.O.S.- Verb
Definition- To eliminate or prevent something
Related Words- preclude, avert, anticipate ( synonyms)
sentence- In order to obviate my chances of catching a cold, I have been constantly washing my hands.


4. Malady
P.O.S.- Noun
Definition- Any disorder or unwanted disease
Related Words- illness, sickness, affliction ( synonyms)
Sentence- The Malady has caused extreme fatigue and sadness for the poor girl.

5. Felicity
P.O.S.- Noun
Definition- To be content or happy
Related Words- Bliss, cheerfulness, delight (synonyms)
Sentence- A certain felicity took over my body after I won the lottery.

1 comment:

Julie Schellenberg said...

25/30 until I see pictures.